Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Finley Update

Sorry I've been MIA! Having a baby is a lot of work :) It's fun, but it keeps me busy... and it's pretty hard to type one handed!

Here's a little recap of what's been going on since he was born:

Finley was born on Saturday night the 13th, and we were supposed to be discharged on Monday the 15th. Unfortunately Finley became pretty jaundiced on Monday because of some "head trauma" from 3 hours of pushing, and he didn't want to wake up to eat. We had to start supplementing him and he had to stay over night to be on the billirubin lights.

I was discharged from the hospital on Monday evening, and Finley was moved to Pediatrics. Fortunately Brett and I were able to stay in his room with him. It was hard because we had to wake him every 2 to 3 hours to eat, which meant we had to turn the thermostat down and get him undressed to keep him awake. We were finally able to leave on Tuesday night when his billirubin levels went back down.

Over the rest of the week we had several visits from friends, and also Nana (Brett's mom) had to go back home to the cold weather in Cincinnati :( Then that weekend, Fin had his first big adventure when we headed to Redmond for Ritchie and Ailey's wedding!

The next week we spent with Gram (my mom) and she cooked us lots of meals (thanks mom!), and we went on a few excursions out of the house. We also enjoyed some yummy Corn chowder that Bri and Jackson brought over (thanks Bri!)

My mom went home on that Sunday, and so Brett and I spent our last weekday together home with Finley on Monday.

Since then, Fin and I have just been hanging out. We try to take walks up to Broadway a couple of times a week and we've also been going to the Parent-Baby classes at Evergreen.

My brother John and his wife Cathleen came out to visit for a weekend to meet Fin, which was really nice. Also, this past weekend my good friend Sara was out here for a visit. In April, we have Brett's parents coming, then my parents and my niece, and then my best friend Lizzie. Our time in Seattle is just flying by.

Finley has met lots of our friends here in Seattle as people have stopped over (and some have brought us food - Thanks Brian & Erin and Shannon & Philippe!!), but there are still lots of people for him to meet before we leave. We are trying to make time for everyone - but if you want to come meet him (or if you already have and just want to come visit), don't wait for an invite. Call us up or shoot us and email and let us know. We aren't avoiding you, I promise!

Fin started smiling when he was about 3 1/2 weeks, and he hasn't turned back - he's one smiley guy! He also learned to stick out his tongue at us which has been super fun.


Brett and I have been working on planning on our move back to Cincinnati. There is lots to do. If you have any advice, or any suggestions for moving companies etc - let us know :)

I can't believe how fast Finley is growing up. Brett and I are both really enjoying being parents, and trying not to let it all just speed by. Some days it amazes me that Finley is only 6 weeks old, and sometimes it amazes me that he's already 6 weeks.

I'll try to be better about updating the blog from now on. If nothing else, I'll try to make sure I at least update it more often than every 6 weeks :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 6 weeks already!?! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics