Tuesday, December 6, 2011

18 Weeks


I'm so anxious for next Wednesday, to see our little peanut again. For some reason, I'm feeling way more nervous this time around than when I was pregnant with Finley. I'm really excited to find out the sex, but mostly I just want to know that s/he is okay. I don't know what my deal is. I think if I was feeling him or her, and knowing it was definitely baby kicks, I'd be feeling better about things.

I'm definitely growing though - I feel huge, although I am sure I don't look as huge as I feel. There's no question about whether I need maternity clothes or not though, my belly peeks out the bottom of any regular shirts I try to put on!

I started prenatal yoga last week. I tried a place close to my house, but I wasn't a huge fan. Luckily I found another place that isn't too far away and I love it!

Don't forget to vote in our poll! :)

How far along?: 18 weeks

Total weight gain: 5.5 lbs.- I'm starting to feel concerned that I'm not gaining - although I'm happy to not be where I was with Fin at this point (18 weeks w/Fin: Hmmm... Maybe closer to 15 or 18! Oops... Maybe I should slow down with the eating a little :) )

How big is baby?: 5 1/2 inches, 6 1/2 ounces - about the length of a bell pepper

Maternity clothes?: Only (18 weeks w/Fin: I fit into a few pre-pregnancy shirts, but other than that it's all maternity clothes these days! I think Brett is getting tired of all my purchases, but a girl needs variety in her wardrobe)

Stretch marks?: Still keeping them away! (18 weeks w/Fin: Nothing yet (fingers crossed) )

Sleep?: Usually only waking up once a night to pee, but usually have trouble getting comfortable when I lay back down. (18 weeks w/Fin: It's not comfortable, but I am still sleeping through the night - although getting up a lot earlier most weekend days than I used to)

Best moment this week?: Getting our Christmas tree, and getting it decorated - Fin loves it! (18 weeks w/Fin: Hanging out with family and friends in Cincinnati)

Movement?: Still thinking that I am feeling some random kicks and movement, but nothing consistent (18 weeks w/Fin: I don't think I felt anything this week - hoping for some kicks in the next week or so. I can't wait to feel the real movement, and am really excited for Brett to be able to feel kicks!)

Food cravings?: Nothing this week (18 weeks w/Fin: I was having a lot of cravings for Cincinnati food right before we went - Graeters, UDF, Skyline, Izzy's and Adriatico's - I got most of that, and haven't really had any cravings this week... Oh, but I would really like a blue icee. Weird.)

Labor signs?: No (18 weeks w/Fin: No way)

Belly button in or out?: Still in, and happy to be sporting the belly button ring again! (18 weeks w/Fin: Still in and still wearing my belly button ring with no problems)

What I miss: Being comfortable while sleeping (18 weeks w/Fin: Not being hungry and tired!)

What I'm looking forward to this week: A cookie swap with my mom's group on Sunday and spending a 3 day weekend with my boys (18 weeks w/Fin: Seeing our good friends Jody and David from Alaska tonight - then getting through the work week and relaxing this weekend!)

Weekly Wisdom: I've got nothing this week... (18 weeks w/Fin: If you break down in tears in the middle of a store, don't be embarassed - it's just the hormones, lol!)

Milestone: Got my first belly pats (18 weeks w/Fin: Started getting random belly rubs this week - at least it's mostly family and close friends, I can deal with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics