I'll start by saying that I was having a lot of stress this week about our ultrasound. I started feeling little Baby S moving on Sunday, so I knew that things were probably fine, but I was having a lot of anxiety about finding out the sex. I was hoping for a girl so that we would have one of each, but I knew that I would be happy with another little boy as well, since Finley is so much fun. I don't know why I was so anxious, but I was - I woke up to go to the bathroom on Monday night and remembered that I had just had a dream that Baby S was a boy! I couldn't fall back asleep for almost 2 hours! Then Tuesday night, I woke up after a dream that we found out that Baby S was a girl - still, I couldn't go back to sleep for almost 2 1/2 hours. Geez!!
Luckily, I was able to sleep easy last night after having our ultrasound! Brett and I went in yesterday, and were happy to find that every thing going well with our little one. She is measuring right on track for my due date, and is looking happy and healthy in there. Yes, that's right - I said SHE! Finley is getting a baby Sister!!! We could not be happier! Now comes the debate about names! I thought it would be easier if it was a girl, but now I'm not so sure. I'd love any ideas that you have - although I'm sorry to say that we'll be keeping it a secret again :)
So... we are at week 19 and our little baby is around 6 inches (the size of a large heirloom tomato) and 8.5 ounces - although at our ultrasound yesterday she said that Baby S is actually 7.5 inches long and around 10 ounces! Besides feeling exhausted a lot of the time, things are going great! I am so happy that we know Baby S's sex, and can start thinking about our sweet little girl - and of course buying lots of pink things :) We even got our first gift today from my BFF, Lizzie, She said that she only prepared for a girl, ha! She made the Little Sister shirt herself, isn't it adorable???
We told Finley that he was getting a baby Sister last night, and asked him for name suggestions - We've asked him several times since as well... Every time he says he wants to name her "Boo" :)
How far along?: 19 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: 7 lbs! I'm at like half the gain that I had with Fin (19 weeks with Fin: Same as last week - 15 to 18 pounds)
How big is baby?: 7.5 inches, 10 ounces - according to our ultrasound yesterday
Maternity clothes?: My huge sweatpants aren't technically maternity, but everything else is (19 weeks with Fin: My PJ's aren't, and I still have some T-shirts that fit, other than that it's all maternity clothes)
Stretch marks?: Nope! (19 weeks with Fin: There are still none in sight, but I'm not even half way through yet)
Sleep?: The two nights before our ultrasound, I was up for 2 to 2.5 hrs each night, I was so anxious! Other than that, it's not very comfortable, but fine. (19 weeks with Fin: Definitely starting to consider some sort of mattress pad - sleeping only on my sides sucks)
Best moment this week?: First, feeling the first absolutely definite kicks on Sunday and then our ultrasound yesterday! (19 weeks with Fin: Making plans with work for "maternity leave" etc, seeing Jody and David before the arrival of their baby girl at the end of October, and seeing Chris and Kieran before the arrival of their baby girl at the beginning of October. It's exciting seeing and talking to all these friends who are a little ahead of us in this process)
Movement?: Yes! We have an active little girl in there! She moved a lot. (19 weeks with Fin: I've started wondering if some of the "gas bubbles" that I've been feeling are really little kicks, I'm not convinced though. There's still nothing that can be felt from the outside, but we'll see.)
Food cravings?: Nothing really (19 weeks with Fin: Surprisingly, I haven't had any real cravings this week)
Labor signs?: None (19 weeks with Fin: Hopefully several more months before I have any labor signs)
Belly button in or out?: Still in, but stretching out (19 weeks with Fin: Still an innie)
What I miss: Having more energy (19 weeks with Fin: Not having to read the labels on everything I eat or drink)
What I'm looking forward to this week: If I would've written this post yesterday morning, I definitely would've said our ultrasound :) I'm also looking forward to our first Christmas celebration this weekend with Brett's side of the family (19 weeks with Fin: Our ULTRASOUND!!! And Lizzie and Casey coming too!)
Weekly Wisdom: Don't stress about your ultrasound like I did! It won't help anything at all! (19 weeks with Fin: Plan a trip before the baby comes! We don't even have details yet, but it's already making me happy to know that it's coming up :) )
Milestone: Finding out the sex of our baby!! (19 weeks with Fin: First time a "stranger" noticed I was pregnant and mentioned it! We were at the vet on Saturday for Gizmo's yearly exam, and the vet asked to make sure that I wasn't cleaning the litter box, due to the risk of Toxoplasmosis is there during pregnancy. Glad to know that I don't just look heavier than normal :) )


No comments:
Post a Comment