I shouldn't be surprised, but the time is just FLYING! I can't believe that baby girl will be here in a little over two months! We are totally unprepared!
We're working on getting the house ready though - we have two big projects that I just signed contracts for, so we'll be starting soon. The first is to replace our upstairs railing on our landing to make it to code. This will mean that Fin will no longer be able to climb through the bars, and we'll also be able to add a gate to the top of the stairs! This is something we've been needing to do since we moved in, so happy it's starting on Monday! While he's here, the contractor will also be adding a handrail going down the stairs, and painting the stairwell and upstairs hallway. I can't wait for that to be finished! Once we're done with that, we (or maybe just Brett) needs to get painting the spare bedroom so that we can combine the spare bedroom and office and get Fin's big boy room started!
Our other big project that we're working on right now is to get a fence in the back yard! This will be HUGE this summer when I have a newborn and Fin wants to run around outside - I won't have to worry about chasing him!
I also just had our wedding video re-edited. This obviously had nothing to do with getting the house ready, but I really wanted this for our anniversary, and I'm guessing I'm going to be a little busy when May 24th comes around. We just had our 6 hour video turned into a one hour video - I LOVE it!
Oh, I almost forgot - Brett moved our washer and dryer to other wall in our laundry room so that we could fit our refrigerator from the garage inside. The freezer kept thawing itself out everytime it was too cold, so it's awesome that we got it inside! Now we just have to move the cabinets that were hanging over the washer and dryer. We're definitely getting stuff accomplished though :)
Last night we had our first experience with a baby sick with the stomach flu - YUCK! Fin and I were up from 2am until 6am, and then on and off until he woke up for the day at 9. It was a ROUGH night, but luckily the worst is over and now we just have to hope that Brett and I don't catch it.
Also - I'm just amazed at how great I feel this time around. I guess that's the difference between gaining 23 lbs at this point, and 40 something. My fingers are starting to swell a little, and I might have to stop wearing my rings soon - but other than that I just feel a million times better than the last time. It's nice not to be dealing with the carpal tunnel and all the other issues of swelling, etc.
How far along?: 29 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain: Holding steady at the 23 lbs from last week (29 weeks w/Fin: I stopped weighing myself....)
How big is baby?: about 15 inches, 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) - although from our ultrasound last week, we know that baby sister is already heavier than that :)
Maternity clothes?: Slowly growing out of more and more (29 weeks w/Fin: That's all I've got these days)
Stretch marks?: Still none (29 weeks w/Fin: I'm still good, although I can't imagine how much more my skin can possibly stretch with no marks)
Sleep?: So glad that I don't have the Carpal Tunnel issues that I had with Finley! At least not yet. We had a rough night last night with a sick little boy, but for the most part I'm getting decent sleep and don't feel awful (29 weeks w/Fin: I'm sleeping, but tired. And I almost always have numb hands when I wake up)
Best moment this week?: Hanging out with family on Saturday at Brett's cousin's wedding (29 weeks w/Fin: My work shower last Friday :) )
Movement?: She's moving around a LOT these days (29 weeks w/Fin: He must love Thanksgiving, because he's been moving around all day today)
Maternity clothes?: Slowly growing out of more and more (29 weeks w/Fin: That's all I've got these days)
Stretch marks?: Still none (29 weeks w/Fin: I'm still good, although I can't imagine how much more my skin can possibly stretch with no marks)
Sleep?: So glad that I don't have the Carpal Tunnel issues that I had with Finley! At least not yet. We had a rough night last night with a sick little boy, but for the most part I'm getting decent sleep and don't feel awful (29 weeks w/Fin: I'm sleeping, but tired. And I almost always have numb hands when I wake up)
Best moment this week?: Hanging out with family on Saturday at Brett's cousin's wedding (29 weeks w/Fin: My work shower last Friday :) )
Movement?: She's moving around a LOT these days (29 weeks w/Fin: He must love Thanksgiving, because he's been moving around all day today)
Food cravings?: Brownies after I read this post, lol :) (29 weeks w/Fin: Brownies! Last night my niece was telling my mom "Granny, I have a problem.... I'm really full. I have a tiny little space left in my stomach though, and it's just the size of a brownie" That's exactly how I feel right now.)
Labor signs?: I've had a couple instances of slight cramping this week, hoping those weren't contractions, and that the labor signs stay away, at least through March! (29 weeks w/Fin: No! And let's hope they stay away, at least for several more weeks! We need to get through all of December drama free)
Labor signs?: I've had a couple instances of slight cramping this week, hoping those weren't contractions, and that the labor signs stay away, at least through March! (29 weeks w/Fin: No! And let's hope they stay away, at least for several more weeks! We need to get through all of December drama free)
Belly button in or out?: It's getting close to flat these days (29 weeks w/Fin: It's smaller and smaller every week)
What I miss: Not much really - I feel pretty great this time around! (29 weeks w/Fin: My back not hurting)
What I'm looking forward to this week: Hopefully, not getting sick! And hopefully Fin's 2 year photos and a "baby shower" type lunch on Sunday for Brett's cousin if we're still healthy over here (29 weeks w/Fin: The rest of our long weekend in Whistler)
Weekly Wisdom: I don't have a lot of wisdom today - maybe it's the lack of sleep! (29 weeks w/Fin: Get rest when you can)
Milestone: Hitting 7 months (29 weeks w/Fin: 7 days of work left, and only 74 days until our due date. So crazy how fast this year is going! I can't believe that on Tuesday it'll be December.)

No comments:
Post a Comment