Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Still pregnant!



Don't forget about our poll! There's still time to make your guesses about when Baby Boo will be here, and what her name is, since she's not here yet! And we do have names now! We have a #1, a backup, and a couple extras just in case we decide that our first two don't fit her :)

Well, she's "due" tomorrow. And if you're getting ready to text, call, or email me - the answer is - No, she's not here yet. Don't worry, we'll be posting and texting when there's anything to know.

I've been having a lot of contractions for a while now, but she's not here yet. Obviously, having my membranes stipped last week didn't do the trick. I saw my normal doctor today. He said I'm 2cm now, which he stretched to 3 (yay for some change!), and he also stripped my membranes again. He seemed confident that this would do the trick this time, and that'd I'd be in labor by the end of  the day tomorrow, but I'm not so certain. We'll see. Send me all your lavor vibes!

How far along?: 40 weeks 0 days

Total weight gain: Still at 36 weeks, so no change from last week (Last week: 36 lbs - up one from last week)

How big is baby?: 20-ish inches, 7 1/2 or so pounds, about the size of a small pumpkin

Maternity clothes?: Exclusively! And I'm HOT! So even on the cool days, I am sporting a skirt or capris, a tank, and flip flips! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: Oh yes, and the bottom of my belly is usually hanging out too... I am basically a fashion disaster at this point.)

Stretch marks?: Just those two random ones I found on my sides a long time ago, although I can't see them anymore either (At 40 weeks w/Fin: None yet!)

Sleep?: I usually wake up twice or so to pee, but usually can go back to sleep. Last night I kept waking up wondering if I was in labor, lol - and was up for a while. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: I've been getting up 2 to 3 times a night to pee (sometimes more), and I have a hard time getting comfortable. Also - Brett says that I've been snoring pretty badly!)

Best moment this week?: Spending time with Fin - we went to the aquarium last week, and then we went to the "Choo Choo House" (Entertrainment junction) this weekend with Brett - he had so much fun! I'm a little sad for him that his life is about to change so drastically! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: Our moms getting here, and getting everything ready for Baby S. We're ready for him now!)

Movement?: On Thursday I wasn't feeling much at all, which is why I went in to the doctor and had that NST done, but since then I've been feeling her a lot. Today she was going nuts in there! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: He's going nut's in there - "Come out Baby S - you'll have a LOT more space to move!")

Food cravings?: Weird, I was really thinking about Pho before I even read this post. That's about it though. Oh, and brownies, but I haven't broken down and made any. (At 40 weeks w/Fin: Pho (can I talk Mom S into trying it?), Sub Shop sandwiches (had 2 this week), Paseo.....)

Labor signs?: LOTS! But, alas, no baby! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: I'm having a lot of Braxton Hicks, as well as some slightly painful contractions - but nothing that sticks around.)

Belly button in or out?: Popping (At 40 weeks w/Fin: Mostly flat, but starting to pop a little bit)

What I miss: Not being so crazy anxious wondering when my baby is going to arrive! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: Feeling like a normal sized person)

What I'm looking forward to this week: A baby!! I hope! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: Hopefully having a BABY!!! )

Weekly Wisdom: Just because you have all the signs, doesn't mean she's coming early! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: A due date isn't necessarily the day your baby is coming :) )

Milestone: Ding, ding, ding - we're due! (At 40 weeks w/Fin: We hit the due date!)

2 comments:

  1. I felt a little sad too knowing how much Liam's life was about to change (especially since he had no idea) but it's been wonderful to see him in his new role as big brother. He loves to kiss her and talk to her! I bet Fin will be an awesome big brother too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word....
    Payback!
    love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics