Thursday, May 3, 2012

Still pregnant at 39 weeks :)


 

Don't forget about our poll! There's still time to make your guesses about when Baby Boo will be here, and what her name is, since she's not here yet! We're still trying to think of a perfectly beautiful, but hopefully slightly unique name - definitely pass along any suggestions!

Here we are at 39 weeks! Part of me didn't think that we would get this far... But at the same time, I knew I would :) Everyone said that she dropped really early and that they didn't think I would get to 40 weeks, so I had high hopes - but I'm not surprised, and I'm fine with it! Although definitely anxious to meet her and figure out this next adventure in our lives.

I had a little scare today - I wasn't really feeling baby girl at all, just a slight movement every once in a while, nothing consistent and it was freaking me out. I ended up calling the doctor and going in, even though I was just there yesterday. First of all, my BP was high again (yesterday it was 142/68 and today it was 132/80, although I checked it myself last night and this morning and it was normal). They had me do a non-stress test, and determined that she's doing great, and that I'm having lots of contractions (I knew that already, lol). I am glad I went in though, since I think I would've continued to be nervous about it. I also had them check me since I hadn't been checked since 36 weeks, but there wasn't much change. Still just 1 cm dilated, and my cervix is still posterior, although she said there was lots of softening. She also went ahead and stripped my membranes, which *could* put me into labor in the next 48 hours if my body is ready... Here's hoping!!

Things here are settling down, we're pretty much ready for her to get here, and I'm just trying to keep the house mostly put together and laundry caught up, so that it won't be a huge mess to come back to whenever we do end up going to the hospital. I'm trying to remember to relax too, but it's hard! And I'm trying to do fun stuff with Fin even though I'm exhausted, because I know the first few weeks after baby Boo get here will be a BIG adjustment for him.

How far along?: 39 weeks 1 days

Total weight gain: 36 lbs - up one from last week (Last week: Still at an even 35 - so I haven't gone up or down from last week)

How big is baby?: likely about 20 inches, and 6+ pounds - like a baby watermelon!

Maternity clothes?: Oh yes. And it's hot! Living in my gaucho capris and tank tops this week, with flip flops of course! (39 Weeks w/Fin: My typical uniform is maternity yoga pants, a maternity t-shirt, and flip flops or slips on shoes)

Stretch marks?: Nope (39 Weeks w/Fin: Still nothing! But I'm not safe yet... It could still be 3 more weeks before baby comes)

Sleep?: Surprisingly, it's not bad. But when I wake up to pee, I always have the worst contraction going on! (39 Weeks w/Fin: My hips hurt :( )

Best moment this week?: Spending lots of time this weekend with family and friends (39 Weeks w/Fin: My massage yesterday - so relaxing!!)

Movement?: She slowed down yesterday, and then got me really nervous today, but hopefully she'll either make her way out of there, or kick up the movement a little! (39 Weeks w/Fin: He slowed down on Friday and Saturday last week, which had me a little worried - but now he's going strong again! And he found my ribs this week... He isn't kicking them, but he lodges himself up under them!)

Food cravings?: I kinda wish I was craving something delicious, just because I still have the excuse to eat it, but nothing really (39 Weeks w/Fin: Pretty much everything - delicious italian food, thai fried rice, ice cream, Bri's corn chowder....)

Labor signs?: Lots of cramping and contractions, and I lost my mucus plug, but no baby yet. (39 Weeks w/Fin: Still having a lot of Braxton Hicks, but rarely anything that hurts... "Come out Baby S!!!")

Belly button in or out?: Starting to pop (39 Weeks w/Fin: Flat - there's still a chance it might pop out before he gets here, but I think it'll just stay flat.)

What I miss: It not hurting when I have to run after Fin, ha! (39 Weeks w/Fin: My knees not hurting :( )

What I'm looking forward to this week: Having a baby?!? :) But seriously... we have nothing planned this weekend or upcoming week... so come on out baby Boo! (39 Weeks w/Fin: Thai food for dinner tonight, hopefully dinner with Maggie at Mexican tomorrow, Superbowl at the Chamberlain's on Sunday, Brett's mom here on Monday, and my mom here on Wednesday... And hopefully Baby S's arrival!) )

Weekly Wisdom: I'm ready! lol... (39 Weeks w/Fin: You can't plan when baby is going to come!)

Milestone: 1 week till due date! (39 Weeks w/Fin: 1 more week until the due date!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics