I haven't been posting much, but luckily there hasn't been much to say.
After Kendall got sent home from her normally scheduled chemo in May, it was bumped back to the next Tuesday (5/13) and everything went as planned. No hiccups. The next day was her birthday, so we just did a low key dinner at home and invited the grandparents and aunts and uncles. She didn't even know she was missing out :)
We spent Memorial Day weekend in Gatlinburg with my parents, sister and niece. Kendall's numbers weren't super, but they weren't terrible, so we mostly spent our time in our condo and walking around outside. It was really nice to get away though! And having some babysitters around so that Brett and I could have a nice anniversary dinner out wasn't terrible either (thanks guys!).
We celebrated Kendall's birthday on the last day of the month, when we knew her numbers would be on the rise. We ended up having only family (I'm counting Lizzie and Will in with the family, since they practically are), but it was a really nice, fun time! We got qdoba catering so no one had to work too hard, and we were all able to just spend time together and the weather was perfect.
On June 2nd, we headed back for our follow up ophthalmology appointment, and were told that everything is still looking great with her optic nerves and vision. Woohoo!
Chemo was on June 10, but it was another straightforward day without any issues, and Kendall seemed to be feeling mostly herself after.
I was really nervous about it, but got to spend a weekend away with my two sisters-in-law at the end of the month while Brett held down the fort at home. I had a great time in Indy with Amber and Allison, and tried not to spend much time worrying about the upcoming tests on July 1 and 2.
On Monday when I got back, Kendall and I headed down to CCHMC for her GFR and hearing test. Everything went well and they said that she seems to be doing well still, and has no hearing loss from chemo!
Then Tuesday, we had to wake up at the "butt-crack of dawn" and be down there at 6:30 for the dreaded MRI. We feel like pros at this by now, but it's still hard to have to give her up to the doctors :(
A few hours later, we got an email with some news we've been waiting for: Optic pathway glioma, slightly decreased in size and enhancement.
Even better was the phone call we got that afternoon - our doctor said that it looked like a 40-50% decrease in size!!! I don't call that slight!! We still haven't seen the actual pictures, but we're happy with that rate of decrease for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment