My Seattle baby shower was awesome! Thanks Erin, Denise and Maggie for hosting! I had a lot of fun, got a lot of cute onesies and bibs that everyone decorated, and got lots of great stuff for baby S. Everything I got was wonderful. I can't wait to use it all. And it was great that my mom and Magdalena were able to make it out - we had a lot of fun.
Hawaii has been awesome! We have done a lot of relaxing, swimming, and sunning. Brett rented some snorkel equipment and tried it out a couple of times. Today he saw a sting ray and even a green turtle while snorkeling at Black Rock! I was a little jealous - but not jealous enough to want to go too (I like to be able to touch the ground when I snorkel, lol...).
Over the weekend we went whale watching. That was the highlight of the trip for me. The first whale sighting of the day was by Brett... he saw a splash, called out "3 o'clock" (the direction of the whales), and everyone looked. It was a mom and a baby humpback, and the baby was breaching over and over - they called it a flying pickle, ha! Over the course of the afternoon, we saw several different whales breaching, and some tails too. I love humpback whales!
.jpg)
I think I got a little bit of sun poisoning - I have some weird itchy bumps on my chest... Hopefully they'll go away when I'm out of the sun.
Tonight we went to the Plantation House on the golf course for dinner. It was really nice and really delicious - and we got to watch the sun set. It was a nice ending to our trip.
Tomorrow we'll be heading out of Hawaii, and spending the day traveling back home. It's sad to leave the beautiful weather, but I'm excited about getting back to the mainland, and heading home for the holidays.
How far along?: 32 weeks 1 day
How big is baby?: about 16 1/2 inches, 3.5 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Yes! Everything but my bathing suit
Stretch marks?: Still nothing, but I hear a lot of people get them in the last few weeks
Sleep?: I know I can't really complain since I'm on vacation, but it is a LOT harder to sleep without my snoogle, or at least an extra pillow or two. Here are our condo rental, they gave us a king size bed with only 2 pillows!!! I'm sad to leave Hawaii, but happy to get back to a bed with more than one pillow for me to use!
Best moment this week?: Hanging out with Brett on the beach all week, and seeing breaching humpback whales this weekend!! I have seen humpbacks before, and breaching orcas - but I have always wanted to see a breaching humpback. It was AWESOME!!
Movement?: He has been going nuts all week - He either really loves, or really hates, Hawaii.
Food cravings?: Nothing much this week... although reading last week's post made me want grapes again, lol!
Labor signs?: Think I'm still having some occasional braxton hicks contractions, but other than that the labor signs are staying away. That's good!
Labor signs?: Think I'm still having some occasional braxton hicks contractions, but other than that the labor signs are staying away. That's good!
Belly button in or out?: Getting smaller and smaller week by week
What I miss: My shoes fitting, and being able to comfortably wear flip flops
What I'm looking forward to this week: Heading to Cincinnati to hang out with family and friends! Also, seeing all my old SCPA friends at Alumni day and at my high school reunion on Saturday!
Weekly Wisdom: Relax!
What I'm looking forward to this week: Heading to Cincinnati to hang out with family and friends! Also, seeing all my old SCPA friends at Alumni day and at my high school reunion on Saturday!
Weekly Wisdom: Relax!
Milestone: 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy! I am so excited to meet Baby S in February!
Week 31 Pictures (Since I didn't post them last week):
.jpg)
Week 31 Pictures (Since I didn't post them last week):
.jpg)
Week 32 Pictures:
.jpg)
.jpg)
Awe, you look so freakin cute Jess! I'm not gonna be able to come home for Christmas this year :-( too freakin broke. BUT I think PJ and I might have Seattle plans in the future...so I'll keep ya posted! Love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteI wish you were coming to cincy :(. But you guys should definitily come to Seattle before we move! When are you thinking??? Miss you!!!
ReplyDelete