Thursday, November 17, 2011

15 Weeks

This week has been rough so far! Brett is in Seattle for the week for work, and Finley misses him TERRIBLY! To top it all off, Fin woke up on Monday morning sick and miserable - so he is whiny because he's sick and whiny because he misses his daddy!

I also had a small scare at the doctor's office. First of all, I'm paranoid - For some reason, I am more nervous with this pregnancy that when I was pregnant with Fin. So I was at the doctor, and he was trying to find the heartbeat and couldn't find it. This happened the last time too, but the last time I was only 11 weeks, so I wasn't surprised since it was so early. This time, I panicked for a second that something was wrong. My doctor is awesome though, and we went straight into the ultrasound room. He got it started up, and got little Baby Sam 2.0 up on the screen pronto! Apparantly, s/he was jumping around so much that it was impossible to get the heartbeat.

While we were in there, I tried to get the Dr. to tell me the sex! He said it was too early, but that he would check and try to see....  Well, it was too early, and he couldn't see anything. He said there were no obvious "boy parts" - but that didn't necessarily mean girl, it just meant that it was too soon to see anything. We should find out on December 14th though! Cast your vote... Think Finley will have a little brother or a little sister?!?

How far along?: 15 weeks
Total weight gain: About 3 lbs, give or take (15 weeks w/Fin: 7 or 8 lbs)
How big is baby?: 4 inches
Maternity clothes?: I can still wear one pair of pre-pregnancy low-cut khakis, and a few shirts, but otherwise, I'm all in maternity (15 weeks w/Fin: I'm about half and half right now - some roomy clothes, some pre-pregnancy pants with bella band, and some maternity clothes.)
Stretch marks?: Nothing yet! (15 weeks w/Fin: Still nothing, and I am lotion-ing up twice a day to try and keep them away)
Sleep?: Bought myself a Snoogle a few weeks ago, so sleeping in good! Waking up at least once a night to pee. (15 weeks w/Fin: Sleeping pretty well, but getting up a pretty consistent twice a night to pee)
Best moment this week?: Seeing Baby S 2.0 bouncing all around! (15 weeks w/Fin: Hearing the hearbeat!)
Movement?: I sometimes think I feel something, but I'm still not positive. The doctor said that the way our little bean is bouncing around in there, I should be feeling something soon. (15 weeks w/Fin: The books say I could be feeling movement these days, but so far I haven't noticed any)
Food cravings?: Potbellys! They have these amazing greasy sandwiches with delicious hot peppers on them, and I could seriously eat them every single day! (15 weeks w/Fin: Today I had Brett take me to the store so I could buy the stuff to make a salad with avocado and cherry tomatoes (because one of the players on "Hard Knocks" was eating that, lol) and corn on the cob after all of Jenny F's talk of Fincel's corn from Iowa... Anways the salad hit the spot, but I completely forgot to buy corn! Maybe tomorrow. I also want some movie theater popcorn)
Labor signs?: No way! (15 weeks w/Fin: I'm hoping it'll be a while)
Belly button in or out?: Still all the way in (15 weeks w/Fin: In)
What I miss: Same as last time! Wish I wasn't so freaking tired! (15 weeks w/Fin: Not being so tired!)
What I'm looking forward to: Announcing on Facebook (15 weeks w/Fin: still looking forward to being noticably pregnant)
Weekly Wisdom: Get a pregnancy pillow - worth the investment! (15 weeks w/Fin: Don't let your husband try to convince you not to bring the air mattress and extra blankets when you're going camping)
Milestone: Scheduling out ultrasound to find out the sex! (15 weeks w/Fin: Hearing Baby Samblanet's heartbeat and scheduling our ultrasound!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics