Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm growing! And so is our family :)

Well, if you didn't know already, you know now... Finley is going to be a big brother! We're expecting baby #2 to arrive sometime around May 9, 2012!

We found a great OB practice here that we are really happy with - The Bowen Group. There are two doctors (both male), but they are very natural friendly. With Finley, I was able to have him without an epidural, but my doctor did induce me with pitocin on the day after my due date. We are hoping to avoid the extra unnecessary interventions this time around, and think this will be possible with the doctors we chose.

Next up is finding a doula - We thought about going without this time, but I am just nervous that if we have a longer and/or more difficult labor this time that we will wish that we would've had one.


How far along?: 13 weeks
Total weight gain: 2 to 3 pounds depending on the day
How big is baby?: About 3 inches, almost an ounce - about the size of a medium shrimp
Maternity clothes?: I'm pretty much living in my full-belly maternity jeans already - I have a pair of low waist non-maternity khaki's that still fit, but that's about all that's comfortable
Stretch marks?: None, but starting with the lotion already
Sleep?: Just got my Snoogle yesterday! Waking up once or twice a night to pee, and my shoulders are really sore when I wake up
Best moment this week?: Having our NT Scan (an ultrasound) that I invited my mom and Brett's mom to come along to. Baby was being super difficult, so we got a really long look at him/her. It was fun, and I think they enjoyed it too. Baby really looked like a baby :)
Movement?: In the last week, I've thought that I felt something several times, but then when I completely stop what I'm doing to try and feel it, it stops. So I'm not sure.
Food cravings?: For the last few days I was craving fast food mashed potatoes and gravy, but we went to McAlister's and I got some (and got some more to eat today). I've been craving a lot of salad too.
Food aversions?: Raw onions and bananas
Labor signs?: I'm hoping it'll be a while
Belly button in or out?: Far in
What I miss: Diet Dr Pepper, and sleeping on my stomach
What I'm looking forward to: Telling everyone!
Weekly Wisdom: Being pregnant the second time around is rough - enjoy all the times you get to sit down and just rest!
Milestone: Making it through the first trimester

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics