Tuesday, January 10, 2012

23 Weeks


I've got several trips on the books, and I couldn't be more excited! Things will be hectic for a while, but I'm excited. During the next several weeks I'm flying with Finley to Atlanta for my cousin's baby shower, I'm going on a girl's trip with my BFF to St. Louis for a baby shower (no kids!), and going on a quick family trip to Disney World!

And tomorrow, or today when you're probably reading this, I've got an ultrasound! I'm going in to Cincinnati State (my alma mater) for an ultrasound performed by their students (at least I assume - it's for their ultrasound tech program). My mom is going to meet me there and it should be an hour long ultrasound and I'll get to bring a disk of pictures home with me. I'm sure it won't be the same as the fancy machine in my doctor's office, but it'll be a nice long view of baby sister in there. I can't wait!

How far along?: 23 weeks

Total weight gain: 13 lbs - I was up to almost 16 lbs over the weekend, but then realized that I hadn't been eating any fruit or drinking enough water. I rectified both situations, and think this week is a more accurate weight than last week (23 weeks w/Fin: 20ish pounds)

How big is baby?: 11 1/2 inches, 1.1 pounds (about the weight of a large mango)

Maternity clothes?: Oh yes. I'm working on hopefully getting some more from my friend Jen (23 weeks w/Fin: Yes, I definitely am looking pregnant these days)

Stretch marks?: I've been lotioning up twice a day (23 weeks w/Fin: I'm still safe)

Sleep?: I got to sleep in on Saturday while we were down in Louisville, but then Finley made up for that by waking up for 4 hours in the middle of the night on Saturday night - UGH! Other than that, I'm sleeping fine, but waking up at least once a night to pee, and my hips are hurting. It's taking me a long time to fall asleep too, and I've been staying up too late. (23 weeks w/Fin: I seem to be sleeping fine, except for the occasional pee breaks - but I don't feel very well rested when I wake up)

Best moment this week?: Spending some time with Curt and Allison over the weekend and having a nice dinner with them and Brett and I nice relaxing evening, and then coming home to Finley :) Also, finalizing and booking our Disney trip! I guess 23 weeks is my trip planning week, lol. (23 weeks w/Fin: Buying our plane tickets to Hawaii and letting my work know that my last day is December 8th!)

Movement?: She moves a lot, especially when I'm laying in bed, or sitting on the couch watching tv. I feel like she was doing most of her movement at night before, but I'm feeling her at all times of the day now. (23 weeks w/Fin: He is a wild man in there! Sometimes I can even see my belly moving!)

Food cravings?: I've wanted brownies pretty badly, but I've held off on making them. On Friday night in Louisville, I *really* wanted a chocolatey dessert but after dinner I was too full, and then at the bar they had brownies, but I was afraid maybe they'd been sitting there for days! (23 weeks w/Fin: Nothing this week)

Labor signs?: Still having some Braxton Hicks, but when I'm drinking enough water I don't notice many. (23 weeks w/Fin: Nope)

Belly button in or out?: Definitely still in (23 weeks w/Fin: still in)

What I miss: Being able to get in my comfortable position and fall right to sleep (23 weeks w/Fin: Being able to sit through the day at work without getting so uncomfortable)

What I'm looking forward to this week: And also what I'm nervous about... Flying down to Atlanta with Finley this weekend! My mom and grandma are coming too, but I'm nervous about not having Brett there to help! Also, seeing my sweet little girl tomorrow! (23 weeks w/Fin: Hopefully seeing Where the Wild Things Are with Brett on Saturday!)

Weekly Wisdom: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! (23 weeks w/Fin: Ask for lots of advice of friends with babies before registering - it makes it a LOT easier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics