Wednesday, January 25, 2012

6 Months?!?!



According to thebump.com - the baby's heartbeat is strong enough that it can be heard without a doppler, and possibly without even a stethoscope, just by putting an ear to my belly! Baby S's eyes and eyelashes are forming, and soon will be able to blink!

I can't believe that I am 6 months pregnant already! It really seems like just yesterday that we found out that Finley was going to be a big brother. I'm definitely starting to get big though, and picking up and carrying Fin is getting very difficult. It's getting REALLY hard to lean in to his crib and give him a goodnight kiss too!

Last week we went to Disney World! It was awesome! We got into Orlando on Thursday, had dinner with my grandparents Bob and Mimi at Planet Hollywood, and then spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the parks. We went to Magic Kingdom twice and Epcot once. Fin loved it all! It was difficult to get him to take long enough naps while we were at the parks, and that in turn made for a grumpy boy in the evenings, and by Sunday he was grumpy in the morning too. But he really had a great time, and almost made the adjustment back to real life worth it :) It's exhausting to get off schedule and then try to get things back to normal!

This weekend, I'm heading down to St. Louis with my BFF for the weekend. We're going to go to a baby shower for my friend Erin while we're there. We'll be gone for two night, and I am a little nervous about leaving Fin for that long! He'll be with Brett, so that will make it a lot easier - but I am still nervous about it. I think that Lizzie and I will have a great time relaxing and checking out St. Louis though!

How far along?: 25 weeks

Total weight gain: Just about 18 lbs as of this morning. I'm starting to pack them on, but hopefully I'll still keep it significantly lower than last time! (25 weeks w/Fin: 20 to 25 lbs, but I swear it's all in my belly (at least mostly)

How big is baby?: about 14 inches, 1 - 1/2 to 2 pounds, about the weight of an average rutabaga

Maternity clothes?: Yes! Although, I was excited to be able to fit into some non-maternity capri's using just the rubberband trick while we were on our trip. Granted, I bought them a few months after Fin was born, and before I lost all my weight - but I was wearing them this past summer a little looser. (25 weeks w/Fin: I'm considering getting a maternity coat these days... and need to find a new bathing suit too....)

Stretch marks?: Still nothing! But lotioning up twice a day (25 weeks w/Fin: I'm still good! And I just started using a new Burt's Bees belly lotion that Brett's mom gave me, so hopefully that will help too :) )

Sleep?: Not too bad as long as I have my Snoogle! (25 weeks w/Fin: I am so tired! And I keep rolling to my back, and Giz immediately tries to lay on my belly. Baby S doesn't like that one bit!)

Best moment this week?: Watching Fin at Disney, and watching him take it all in. (25 weeks w/Fin: Realizing what great family and friends I have as they started to plan showers for me and Baby S. Brett and I and Baby S are so lucky to have such great people in our lives :) )

Movement?: Yes! I feel her a lot when I am in bed or sitting on the couch relaxing, and less when I am moving around. (25 weeks w/Fin: He's a mover alright! Is he going to start to settle down as he runs out of room in there?)

Food cravings?: Nothing (25 weeks w/Fin: I've started on the ice cream movement.... it's no good I tell you!)

Labor signs?: The first night in Orlando, I was having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, and was starting to get worried - but as soon as we were back in our room I layed down on my left side and drank a lot of water and things went back to normal. I had to be very careful to drink enough water and not overdo it down there - I didn't want to end up at the hospital! (25 weeks w/Fin: Nope. I would like the labor signs to stay away until at least mid-January!)

Belly button in or out?: Still in, but stretching a lot (25 weeks w/Fin: Still in - and with a new flexible belly button ring :) )

What I miss: Being able to cut back on calories a lot for a few days after a vacation when I go overboard! (25 weeks w/Fin: Seeing my toes, and my back not hurting!)

What I'm looking forward to this week: My get away girls trip with Lizzie! (25 weeks w/Fin: Starting the doula interviews, and hoping to meet baby River this weekend.)

Weekly Wisdom: Don't forget you're pregnant and overdo it! Drink water and take breaks! (25 weeks w/Fin: Listen to everyone's advice on what to buy for baby - but then go with what feels right... What is right for one person, might not be what's right for us.)

Milestone: Hitting the 6 months mark (25 weeks w/Fin: Less than 30 days of work left :) )

Here is a comparison photo from this pregnancy vs. last pregnancy. I think I look thinner in my face this time around (maybe I was rounding down on that 20-25 weight gain estimate with Fin). But I don't think my belly looks much different.

What do you think?

               25 Weeks w/Baby Girl   vs.   25 Weeks w/Finley
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics