Last Wednesday, I went to Cincinnati State and had an ultrasound performed by a student. It was fun and nice to see our sweet little baby girl again (and to confirm that she is still a *she*). It also sounds like I'm going to get another ultrasound at 28 weeks since they forgot to offer some genetic testing to us would have been done at my last appointment. I love all these chances to see baby girl. It is also cool to see her now because when she moves, I both see her on the screen and feel her at the same time. It's so crazy.
Fin and I flew down to Atlanta last weekend with my mom and Grandma for my cousin Brandi's baby shower. It was a little stressful, and a lot of work getting us all on the plane and to our rental car, but it was a really nice visit. Baby Marley is coming at the end of February, and I can tell that she is very loved already. I can't wait to meet her! It was also great to see all my family, and spend time with them all including my cousin Tiffany's kids who are growing way too fast!
How far along?: 24 weeks
Total weight gain: I was up 16 yesterday, although I was definitely retaining water after our flights, but I forgot to weigh myself this morning (24 weeks w/Fin: 20ish pounds (I haven't been weighing myself...) )
How big is baby?: 11 3/4 inches - the length of an ear of corn, 1.3 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Yes! I bought a bunch of clothes from my friend Jen this week, so that helped out a lot! (24 weeks w/Fin: We went and bought a bunch more long sleeved maternity shirts this week. I think I'm good for a while unless I decide to buy a maternity coat, or bathing suit.)
Stretch marks?: None, and my doctor said today that my skin looks great especially considering I already had a baby (24 weeks w/Fin: Still none!)
Sleep?: I still need to learn to go to bed earlier (24 weeks w/Fin: I'm sleeping, but still so freaking
exhausted)
Best moment this week?: My ultrasound at Cincinnati State, and spending the weekend in Atlanta with my family for my cousin's baby shower (24 weeks w/Fin: We hung out with a lot of friends
in the past week, it's been really nice!)
Movement?: Lots! (24 weeks w/Fin: Yes!)
Food cravings?: I really wanted Max and Erma's tortilla soup yesterday, but didn't have it and I've survived so far (24 weeks w/Fin: No real cravings, but I have been enjoying
my ice cream this week!)
Labor signs?: None, just the occasional BH contraction (24 weeks w/Fin: I'd like for them to wait several more
weeks)
Belly button in or out?: Still in (24 weeks w/Fin: In, but it's stretching! I bought
a new flexible belly button ring and I'm just waiting for it to come in the
mail)
What I miss: Being able to comfortably carry and snuggle my boy (24 weeks w/Fin: Being able to lean forward!)
What I'm looking forward to this week: We've got fun stuff in store for the weekend! (24 weeks w/Fin: Seeing lots of
friends at Jonas, Christy and Macy's pumpkin carving party this
weekend!)
Weekly Wisdom: Traveling by plane with a large belly and a toddler is a lot of work! (24 weeks w/Fin: I'm lacking in wisdom this
week...)


No comments:
Post a Comment