Monday, November 23, 2009

My Brother

You probably know about my younger brother who is in the Marines... Back in May he was deployed to Afghanistan, just a little over a month after his wedding. We've been waiting for news of his homecoming for a while now - orginally they told us that he'd be home for Christmas, but he thought that they would end up keeping him longer. Since then we've heard lots of conflicting information...

This past week we finally got official word that he was on his way home and would be landing in Philly this coming Wednesday night (the day before Thanksgiving)!! What a relief!!

We just got word from him tonight that he is out of Afghanistan, and on his way home!!! He still won't make it back to Philly until Wednesday, but he's at their first stop, and out of Afghanistan, and that's what's most important. I just can't wait until he's back in the US! I am so proud of him for serving our country, but I am so happy to have him out of there and safe - and I can't wait to know he's back home again!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will let you know as soon as his plane lands :) I am so excited its not even funny haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Welcome back Johnathon!!!
    You forgot to put news of baby Estaban!!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics