Had a pretty good week this week - had a hospital tour so we know where to go when labor starts, took a couples yoga for labor class with Brett so that he knows how to support me during labor, and hung out with lots of friends over the weekend and then this week. It was really nice, but I don't feel like I got enough accomplished at home. Oh! I did finish making my thank you cards.. that was a big project that I am glad to be finished with :)
The hospital tour was good - I guess I had high expectations for the hospital based on all the things I've heard about it.. and it was definitely not as nice as I expected. It was definitely fine, and there was nothing wrong with it - but somehow it wasn't what I expected. Oh well, I'll just want to labor at home as long as possible, and then be ready to come home when it's all over :) I am definitely glad that we know where to go when we get there and all that.
The yoga class was really good. I've been doing prenatal yoga 1 to 3 times a week for a few months now, so it was good for Brett to see what I've been doing. He won't think I'm crazy now if I drop to my hands and knees during labor, lol! It was also good because he learned the relaxation breathing techniques that we do, which should help keep him calm during the whole process... that will help me out tremendously.
We had a doctor's appointment yesterday - she just did the group b strep test on me, and answered a lot of questions that I had about labor and about after the baby is born. I feel like I know what to expect. Next week we start weekly appointments!
Our moms are all booked up and ready to get here - they both come in about 3 1/2 weeks - I can't believe it! I hope Baby S decides to come right on time (or early?? I told him that anytime after January 31st was okay with me!)!!
How far along?: 36 weeks 0 days
How big is baby?: about 18 1/2 inches, 5.75 pounds
Maternity clothes?: I've grown out of a lot of my maternity shirts!
How big is baby?: about 18 1/2 inches, 5.75 pounds
Maternity clothes?: I've grown out of a lot of my maternity shirts!
Stretch marks?: Still none, but baby is not done growing
Sleep?: Wish I was getting more, but it'll do
Sleep?: Wish I was getting more, but it'll do
Best moment this week?: Finishing the last of our classes at the hospital to get ready for the baby
Movement?: Are you kidding? Does he ever not move? :) He is an active little guy, but he's head down - so that's good!
Movement?: Are you kidding? Does he ever not move? :) He is an active little guy, but he's head down - so that's good!
Food cravings?: On Monday I was craving chocolate chip cookie bars, so I rushed to the store for eggs after yoga and made those, then on Tuesday I was craving tortelleni from Romio's - so we had that for dinner :) I'm still thinking about those oreo brownies from QFC - but we've been eating the chocolate chip cookie bars this week, I refrained from buying them when I was at the store
Labor signs?: More of the Braxton Hicks contractions - but nothing painful and nothing consistent
Belly button in or out?: Still in, but I lost my belly button ring this week - the ball popped off yesterday! I think it ran out of room in there!
What I miss: My wedding and engagement rings :(
What I'm looking forward to this week: Finishing the baby laundry and hopefully getting this place more ready for the little guy to arrive
What I'm looking forward to this week: Finishing the baby laundry and hopefully getting this place more ready for the little guy to arrive
Weekly Wisdom: Uhmmm.... I don't have any this week
Milestone: Less than a month to go - I'm nine months pregnant... Eek!
36 Weeks:
36 Weeks:
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment