I'm 24 weeks now, which means baby is still a papaya... But it also means that we've passed "Viability Day". This means that if Baby S were to be born now, he would have a better than 50% chance of survival. Of course, we really want Baby S to keep cooking for approximately, oh.. let's see... 16 weeks - but it's good to know that he'd likely survive if he were to be born soon. Okay, enough about that - Baby S, you better stay in there - Mommy said so!
We went shopping for Glider chairs today. I thought that what I wanted was more of a rocker glider chair - a wood chair with a cushion - but after shopping with Brett today, I think we might go with a recliner type chair. The one we found today was a recliner/glider and it was super comfy, and even cheaper than the other glider we found. It'll take 8 to 12 weeks to order though, so we better decide fairly soon what we want. Better do some more shopping this weekend!
Work has been pretty stressful lately. They know that I am leaving, but they don't have a replacement for me yet (or if they do, they haven't told me). I really wish that I was training someone right now. I have so much work to do that it's impossible for me to start working on "procedure manuals" for my replacement. It would be a lot easier if I was training someone and could work on the procedures while I trained. I am trying not to be stressed, but things are not getting done on time - and more and more things keep ending up on my plate. Some days I have a hard time making it through the day, but I should be able to make it for the next month and a half.
I don't know if I mentioned it last week, but we got a place booked for Thanksgiving in Whistler. We are going up with 4 other couples this year. We were hoping that Brett's family might be able to make it out, but that didn't work out, so this should be pretty fun instead. There will be 6 of us there for Thanksgiving dinner and we just started planning our menu. Yum! The other 2 couples will show up late on Thanksgiving, but we'll have the rest of the weekend to hang out. Too bad I won't be able to ski or enjoy the hot tub, but I will be able to do lots of cooking, shopping, eating and relaxing. I can't wait.
And we're still working on finalizing details of our Hawaii trip. The last few days we've been working on finding a condo rental, and once we get that locked in we'll just need a car. We're closer to finding a condo though, just waiting to hear back from a few more places before we pick one.
How far along?: 24 weeks, 3 day
How far along?: 24 weeks, 3 day
Total weight gain: 20ish pounds (I haven't been weighing myself...)
How big is baby?: 11 3/4 inches, 1.3 pounds
Maternity clothes?: We went and bought a bunch more long sleeved maternity shirts this week. I think I'm good for a while unless I decide to buy a maternity coat, or bathing suit.
Stretch marks?: Still none!
Sleep?: I'm sleeping, but still so freaking exhausted
Best moment this week?: We hung out with a lot of friends in the past week, it's been really nice!
Movement?: Yes!
Food cravings?: No real cravings, but I have been enjoying my ice cream this week!
Labor signs?: I'd like for them to wait several more weeks
Belly button in or out?: In, but it's stretching! I bought a new flexible belly button ring and I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail
What I miss: Being able to lean forward!
What I'm looking forward to this week: Seeing lots of friends at Jonas, Christy and Macy's pumpkin carving party this weekend!
Weekly Wisdom: I'm lacking in wisdom this week...
Here are my pictures for week 24, sorry they're late...
.jpg)
Thank goodness they make flexible belly button rings!!! I have really been worried about that. I was wondering if that other one would be standing up perpendicular to your belly.
ReplyDeleteLove Mom