Monday, September 14, 2009

Half Pound Baby

Here we are at week 19 and our little baby is 6 inches and 8.5 ounces (a half pound already!). We had a short week this week since we didn't get home from Ohio until Monday night.

We have a lot going on this coming week. Lizzie and Casey are coming to visit - Casey's already here for work and Lizzie gets here on Wednesday night - we won't see them until Thursday evening when we go for dinner at Blue C, yum. We're also taking them whale watching on Sunday, hopefully we'll see lots of whales! Tonight we're hoping to meet to meet the newest member of the Keating family - baby Macy was born on August 22nd to Christy and Jonas, and we can't wait to finally meet her.

Oh, and we can't forget what happens on Thursday morning.... Our big ultrasound! I can't believe that it's already time to find out if baby S is a little girl or a little boy. Although we won't be telling everyone the name, it'll be nice to start looking at names - and to start picking out bedding and baby supplies!

Today we rearranged our living room (well, Brett rearranged while I watched) - and we talked about scheduling all of our baby and childbirth classes as well as (hopefully) a trip to Hawaii before the baby comes. Woo-hoo!

How far along?: 19 weeks

Total weight gain: Same as last week - 15 to 18 pounds

How big is baby?: 6 inches, 8 1/2 ounces

Maternity clothes?: My PJ's aren't, and I still have some T-shirts that fit, other than that it's all maternity clothes

Stretch marks?: There are still none in sight, but I'm not even half way through yet

Sleep?: Definitely starting to consider some sort of mattress pad - sleeping only on my sides sucks

Best moment this week?: Making plans with work for "maternity leave" etc, seeing Jody and David before the arrival of their baby girl at the end of October, and seeing Chris and Kieran before the arrival of their baby girl at the beginning of October. It's exciting seeing and talking to all these friends who are a little ahead of us in this process

Movement?: I've started wondering if some of the "gas bubbles" that I've been feeling are really little kicks, I'm not convinced though. There's still nothing that can be felt from the outside, but we'll see.

Food cravings?: Surprisingly, I haven't had any real cravings this week

Labor signs?: Hopefully several more months before I have any labor signs

Belly button in or out?: Still an innie

What I miss: Not having to read the labels on everything I eat or drink

What I'm looking forward to this week: Our ULTRASOUND!!! And Lizzie and Casey coming too!

Weekly Wisdom: Plan a trip before the baby comes! We don't even have details yet, but it's already making me happy to know that it's coming up :)

Milestone: First time a "stranger" noticed I was pregnant and mentioned it! We were at the vet on Saturday for Gizmo's yearly exam, and the vet asked to make sure that I wasn't cleaning the litter box, due to the risk of Toxoplasmosis is there during pregnancy. Glad to know that I don't just look heavier than normal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics