Monday, August 17, 2009

15 Weeks

We went camping this past weekend at Mt Rainier with our good friends Brian and Erin. We had a lot of fun, but it was way too cold for August! I am so glad that I convinced Brett to let me bring the air mattress and extra blankets. Saturday they all went on a 7 mile hike, and I took a 3 hour nap instead, lol :) Also, Erin was kind enough to book us the camp site next to the bathrooms, so that was very helpful.

Today we took a drive up the mountain to a lookout point and took lots of pictures. We went once before in 2001 when my friend Heidi and I came out to visit Brett in Seattle, but it was November and so we couldn't make it up very far because of all the snow. Today was much better. Without further ado, here's the weekly survey.

How far along?: 15 weeks
Total weight gain: The doctor said I've only gained 1 lb since last month!
How big is baby?: 4 inches
Maternity clothes?: I'm about half and half right now - some roomy clothes, some pre-pregnancy pants with bella band, and some maternity clothes.
Stretch marks?: Still nothing, and I am lotion-ing up twice a day to try and keep them away
Sleep?: Sleeping pretty well, but getting up a pretty consistent twice a night to pee
Best moment this week?: Hearing the hearbeat!
Best moment last week?: I thought of something for last week - the best moment was my boss asking when I was moving and telling me that she wants to stay as long as I can and will before moving. Now I don't have to stress about them not knowing that I might be leaving.
Movement?: The books say I could be feeling movement these days, but so far I haven't noticed any
Food cravings?: Today I had Brett take me to the store so I could buy the stuff to make a salad with avocado and cherry tomatoes (because one of the players on "Hard Knocks" was eating that, lol) and corn on the cob after all of Jenny F's talk of Fincel's corn from Iowa... Anways the salad hit the spot, but I completely forgot to buy corn! Maybe tomorrow. I also want some movie theater popcorn
Labor signs?: I'm hoping it'll be a while
Belly button in or out?: In
What I miss: Not being so tired!
What I'm looking forward to: still looking forward to being noticably pregnant
Weekly Wisdom: Don't let your husband try to convince you not to bring the air mattress and extra blankets when you're going camping :)
Milestone: Hearing Baby Samblanet's heartbeat and scheduling our ultrasound!

3 comments:

  1. Jess - I didn't feel anything until 18 weeks. I hate that the books say 15-16 weeks, makes you wonder if every bout of gas is the baby moving....trust me though, when he/she does move, you'll know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. any minute now you will feel a little something and wonder, Was that is? It probably was!
    It could be 18-20 weeks but don't worry, it will happen soon enough. Before long you can watch your whole belly move from side to side... while you yourself are sitting still. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth was always super tired at the beginning too, but then it got better. The peeing all the time, however, I don't think that gets any better!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics