Monday, August 24, 2009

Guacamole anyone?

Baby Samblanet is now the size of an avocado - about 4.6 inches long! According to thebump.com - tiny bones are now forming in the baby's ears which means that he or she can now pick up my voice. I better watch my mouth!!! Also, the baby's eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are even forming.

Only 3 more weeks until we find out the sex!

This past week, I got a cold :( I started feeling a little bit sick on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday I felt awful so I stayed home from work. I called the doctor to find out what I can take, and pretty much the only things are Benedryl and Tylenol. On Thursday I still felt really sick, and Brett wanted me to stay home - but I just had so much work left to do that I didn't feel like I could miss two days. After barely making it through on Thursday, I went to bed around 8 - and then ended up staying home on Friday too. I'm starting to feel a little better now, but still not great. I wish I could do all the things I normally do when I'm sick - take vitamin C, echinacea, drink lots of tea, take DayQuil and NyQuil - because this cold seems to be lasting a lot longer than normal! Hope Baby S isn't feeling as awful in there as I am!

We had a pretty productive weekend though, for me being sick. On Saturday we made homemade biscuits and gravy with chicken sausage - it was delicious, and I was really impressed with our homemade biscuits! I got all of the cutting done for Amber's programs, and have started putting them together. Brett got all of our pictures hung up on the walls, and a few more boxes of stuff put away. We even went to see a movie - District 9 which Brett wanted to see. Then last night we had dinner with my friends Lindsey and Wendy that I used to work with at Olympic Foundry, and their boyfriends. We had a delicious Italian dinner, and it was really nice to see them.

How far along?: 16 weeks today
Total weight gain: Not sure, I think almost 10 lbs since my pre-pregnancy weight watchers weight
How big is baby?: 4.6 inches, 3.5 ounces
Maternity clothes?: I'm pretty much only in maternity clothes these days, with the exception of a couple roomy items. My friend Bri let me borrow some more maternity clothes this week, so that has helped a lot - I'm loving the full panel jeans, so comfy :)
Stretch marks?: I still seem to be keeping them away, but I'm getting nervous that they're close
Sleep?: Sleep has been hard this week with a sore throat and stuffed up nose. Also, my hips are starting to hurt from sleeping on my sides all the time.
Best moment this week?: Hearing from my little brother who is in Afghanistan. He emailed me and told me that he hopes that Baby S is a boy, because there's too much estrogen in our family already, lol. Also, I enjoyed meeting my friends Bri & Shane's son Jackson, who was born on my birthday.
Movement?: Still nothing that I've noticed, hopefully soon...
Food cravings?: I finally got some movie theater popcorn on Saturday and I had so much that I don't think I'll be craving that again for a while :) Nothing much this week, except pizza has been sounding delicious
Labor signs?: I've still got a few more months before I should be seeing any signs
Belly button in or out?: Still an innie
What I miss: Sleeping through the night, and sleeping on my stomach and back
What I'm looking forward to this week: Getting over this cold, and finishing up Amber and Mike's wedding programs
Weekly Wisdom: Take care of yourself so you don't get sick while pregnant!!
Milestone: Someone being able to tell I was pregnant by looking at me :)

5 comments:

  1. You are having a boy. I'm calling it right now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually your hips are hurting because the pregnancy hormones are loosening up the joints to widen the birth canal so Baby S can slide right on out.
    I know that is TMI but I could not help it.
    Love Mom
    PS I hope you feel better. Try some chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri - why do you say boy?? :) lol... You're not the first to say that though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just got that "feeling" it's a boy.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, boy or girl: This baby is going to be spoiled no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics