Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Heard a Heartbeat

There's definitely a little baby in there - one with a little heart that's beating away!

We had a doctor's appointment today, and we got to meet the doctor this time. She was very nice, and I think we'll be in good hands. We found out that she has similar views to us in the childbirth department - they don't induce before 42 weeks unless medically necessary, they don't do c-sections unless medically necessary, and she believes that it's all your (my) experience so doesn't push getting an epidural or not. It's nice to know that she'll go along with whatever our plans happen to be :)

She did mention that I should probably start taking a calcium supplement since I don't drink milk - she said not to worry because the baby is getting everything that it needs, but that I might not be getting enough because of it. (I see how this parenting stuff goes already - look who's needs are more important already! ha) And she also said that I can definitely fly now, and up to my last month - which means I can definitely fly at Christmas unless anything happens between now and then!

Then we got to hear the little heartbeat, which is still measuring perfectly (158 beats per minute) - and she gave us the paperwork to schedule our 2nd trimester ultrasound - yeah! We can schedule that at 18 weeks, so start counting down the days until we find out if baby S is a he or a she :) And don't forget to cast your votes in my little poll at the top right hand corner of the blog if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics