Monday, August 31, 2009

17 Weeks

Baby S is about 5.1 inches these days, and the bump says: Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

This week has been pretty good. I was busy the first half of the week getting the programs ready that I am making for Amber & Mike's wedding - but I am glad to have them finished now! I think she'll love them :)

I also had my dress fitting for my bridesmaid dress for the wedding. I was able to get a dress that was two sizes too big by switching with Allison (my almost-sister-in-law) because they made her order two sizes up for some reason! She fit into my dress perfectly, but when I got hers it was huge (the first weekend in August). Fast forward to this Wednesday at my fitting - and it fits almost perfectly. It has to be taken in about a half inch at the top and that's it. I hope it still fits when I go pick it up tomorrow! I never imagined that my belly would be growing so fast.

This week is going to be really busy at work since Brett and I will be leaving on Wednesday night, so I am going to be off work on Thursday and Friday (then Monday's the holiday). Oh well - it'll be worth it. I can't wait to see everyone this weekend and show off my little bump!

Oh - and don't forget to VOTE! It's getting close, and there's only 16 days left to vote! Will Baby S be a boy or a girl?????

How far along?: 17 weeks today
Total weight gain: About 10 I think How big is baby?: 5.1 inches, 5.9 ounces
Maternity clothes?: Yes! I finally switched to the "full panel" pants, and they are so comfortable! Stretch marks?: I'm still stretch mark free
Sleep?: Sleeping is getting a lot more uncomfortable, but I'm still getting plenty
Best moment this week?: Feeling "flutters"
Movement?: I think I felt my first baby movement this week! On both Thursday and Friday nights when I got into bed and laid down, my stomach started feeling weird like I had butterflies or something - I am not positive, but I think these are the "flutters" that everyone talks about :) Food cravings?: I had a horrendous craving for a Taco Bell Bean Burrito this week. I almost cried on Tuesday night because Brett hadn't stopped to get me one after work! (To be fair, I was kinda joking about it when I asked him to in an email, but by the time I got home - I NEEDED it!). I got one on Wednesday and it definitely did not live up to my expectations, lol :)
Labor signs?: Not for a while yet Belly button in or out?: Still in and no sign of change
What I miss: Not having to pack snacks everywhere I go! I used to just be able to wait for the next meal. What I'm looking forward to this week: Heading to Cincinnati on Wednesday night for Amber (Brett's sister) and Mike's wedding this weekend _ I am SO excited for them, and I am also so excited to see all my family and friends.
Weekly Wisdom: If you're craving something - eat it!
Milestone: Feeling those flutters - can't wait for the real kicks! I also had my first baby dream - it was a strange dream, but I am pretty sure Baby S was a boy in my dream... Maybe just because you've all been trying to convince me of that ;)

4 comments:

  1. I KNOW I will love the programs and am still so appreciative of you taking that on. What you sent a few weeks ago was awesome! Sorry the Taco Bell burrito didn't live up to expectations. Taco Bell never really does, though, does it? We went to one once and they had run out of beef. Like, what?? You're Taco Bell! All you serve is beef! Anyway, can't wait to see you and I'm glad the dress turned out to fit pretty well. I can't wait to see all you girls in the dresses!! I can't wait to see everyone in general! Have a safe flight : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to feel the flutters! Next thing you know, you'll be getting rib shots! Embrace every movement - they are so special, and it means your baby is happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things: why are all the baby things food? haha and you are just the wedding program master aren't you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are feeling the flutters you should be getting the full kicks soon. I am pretty sure that for me they came within a week. By the end you will be wishing for that baby to give your ribs a break. I remember mine felt bruised from the inside because of the kicks I was getting.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics